Provide sports programs that promote a healthy, active lifestyle and good sportsmanship among players, coaches and
- Maintain and protect our parks and recreation facilities which will promote economic development, tourism and an enjoyable
- Ensure annual events are conducted which reflect local culture, encourage participation and provide affordable entertainment.
Our competitive sports:
- Spring and Fall Youth Soccer: boys 7-9 years, 10-12 years, 13+ years; girls 10-13 years, mixed 4-6 years
- Summer T-Ball: mixed 4-6, 7-9 years
- Summer Softball: girls 9-13 years
- Summer Co-Ed Slow-Pitch Softball: 10-12 and 13-15 year olds
- Summer Adult mixed softball
- Spring Adult Coed Slow-Pitch Softball: 16 year olds and over
- Spring Adult Men’s Slow-Pitch Softball: 16 year olds and over
- Summer Beach volleyball: tentative
Our parks and sports facilities:
Veterans Park: Intersection of State Highways 26 and 187
Hatch Valley Community Park: Intersection of State Highway 26 and Apajo Way
Park: Museum at corner of Hall St. and Wilson St.
Park: Intersection of State Highway 187 and Chile Capital Lane
Frank Hinojos Ballpark: Intersection of State Highway 26 and Apajo Way
Basketball, volleyball courts, skateboard arena: Intersection of State Highway 187 and Chile Capital Lane
Judd Nordyke Swimming Pool: Chile Capital Lane
For more information please contact Parks and Recreation at (575) 640-7602 or Village Hall at (575) 267-5216.